Who am I?
A little about me:
- I am a trained integrative psychotherapeutic counsellor and coach (National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society Acc. Reg.) with specialist training in Gestalt therapy. View my full CV here.
- I’ve healed from depression, anxiety, daily panic attacks and an eating disorder
- I’ve been immersed in the spiritual and self-development world for over twenty years with thousands of hours study and training under my belt
- I’ve worked and trained with some amazing coaches, therapists and healers…..
My intention is to offer powerful conversations that transform fear and negativity to love and acceptance with the practical outcome of you being able to show up, perform and be the person you want to be. At the heart of this is a space and practice of non-judgement and forgiveness. This may sound a little abstract, but I work in a very rational, straight-talking and no-nonsense way with practical tools, psycho-education and techniques you can put into practice and test the results with.
After many years training in yoga, meditation, mindfulness, spirituality, A Course in Miracles, Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Gestalt Therapy and being heavily influenced by parts work or Internal Family Systems (IFS), along with gaining a Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management and holding corporate roles in people management and operations management in London, I chose to walk a different path, and help people find more love, freedom and authenticity.
I am interested in who you are as a whole and complete person, and how I can support you in recognising and accessing your own value and uniqueness in a compassionate way.
I am not a conventional therapist. I am however, an effective, intuitive and empathic one. If you’re ready to suspend your judgement and try a different type of conversation that actually makes a significant difference in your life; one where you feel truly seen, whilst at the same time safe to look at the things that scare you, about yourself and the world, then I would love to talk with you.
As part of my commitment to best practice and my membership with the National Counselling & Psychotherapy Society, I have clinical supervision every month, see my own psychotherapist fortnightly and complete a minimum of 30hrs of continuing professional development every year.
Some other random things you might be interested to know about me:
- I base myself between rural North Wales and Portugal
- I’m originally from Liverpool in the UK, but don’t have a Scouse accent
- I’m vegetarian and am moving towards living more sustainably and simply
- I have a dog called Tilly who travels with me where possible
- I’ve lived in Italy, Sri Lanka, Bali, Portugal, Cornwall and London and am grateful for all the different experiences those countries and places brought me.
- My favourite place is by the ocean in the sun, preferably with my dog in tow
- I was introduced to yoga at 19, and it’s been the most consistent thing in my life since. I am also trained in meditation, mindfulness and pranayama (breathwork)
- I am a student and teacher of the principles of A Course In Miracles
- My life would not function without my phone telling me when my appointments and birthdays were but I love nothing more than intimate, face to face connection
So that’s a glimpse into my world, what about you?